Italy v Uruguay Betting
2014 World Cup - Group D
24th June - KO: 5pm BST -
Italy's clash with Uruguay is arguably one of the biggest fixtures during the group stages of the 2014 World Cup. The two teams battle it out knowing that a win will guarantee safe passage to the last sixteen.
There is plenty riding on this final Group D match for both of these nations and it could make for a cracking spectacle. A place in the knockout stages is up for grabs after the opening two games and a draw would be enough for Italy to progress on goal difference.
Recent meetings between the two teams have been closely fought affairs and they played out an exciting 2-2 draw during the Confederations Cup in Brazil last summer. Four of their ninr meetings overall have ended in stalemates, with Italy winning two and Uruguay winning three, and it is no surprise to see that the bookmakers are struggling to choose between the two sides for this upcoming fixture.
|Tuesday 24th June|
|5.00pm||Italy v Uruguay||Betting Preview||Odds|
|Tips:||Draw @ 9/4|
|Uruguay to score first @ 21/20|
|Edinson Cavani to score anytime @ 12/5|
Italy v Uruguay Odds
Match Betting suspended...
Head to Head
- Confederations Cup: 30th June 2013 - Uruguay 2 - 2 Italy
- Friendly International: 15th Nov 2011 - Italy 0 - 1 Uruguay
- Friendly International: 17th Apr 2002 - Italy 1 - 1 Uruguay
- World Cup: 25th June 1990 - Italy 2 - 0 Uruguay
- Friendly International: 22nd Apr 1989 - Italy 1 - 1 Uruguay
- Copo D'Oro: 3rd Jan 1981 - Uruguay 2 - 0 Italy
- Friendly International: 15th Mar 1980 - Italy 1 - 0 Uruguay
- World Cup: 6th June 1970 - Italy 0 - 0 Uruguay
- Olympic Games: 7th June 1928 - Uruguay 3 - 2 Italy
Edinson Cavani - All eyes will be on Luis Suarez in this Uruguay team but the finals are a massive chance for Edinson Cavani to show his worth. The striker is a prolific scorer and he will be relied upon for goals if the usually efficient Italian defence are keeping Suarez quiet.
Stephan El Shaarawy - Italian teams aren't renowned for their flair players as they are associated with defensive resilience but El Shaarawy gives them a genuine attacking edge. The Milan forward is capable of turning a game in an instant and that is the sort of quality that could decide this fixture with Uruguay.
Italy have won 70.00%, drawn 30.00% and lost 0% of their last 10 games.
Italy have kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 10 games, going on to win 7 and draw 3 of these matches.
Italy have failed to score in 0 of their last 10 games.
No Games Found
- Sign up to Bet365
- Best price on every horse…